Thursday, March 27, 2014

The worst thing about my book is...

The worst thing about my book is that at the beginning of most of the chapters, it changes perspective to another person. This is a problem because there is two real main conflicts between Percy and Annabeth being stuck somewhere else other than the rest of the characters. This is a problem because I got really into a chapter and then it ended. So normally the conflict would pick up right after in the next chapter. Wrong. The next chapter went into the situation and now I have to read more before I can find out what happened. Now sometimes this can be a good thing. When there is nothing going on in one area of the story, it will change over into the other and then the book will pick back up. But then the chapter will end and you might not know what will happen for a few chapters. This leads to frustration and questioning of the author.

9 comments:

  1. I'm reading the same book and I haven't gotten real deep in it but I like changing perspectives because you know how each characters feel and not just Percy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you reading one of the Percy Jackson series books? I have never read them but I have read books that skip between characters. An example is in the T.V show The Walking Dead, after the mid season finale each episode skips to different groups after the characters got separated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also don't like it when the author is changing perspectives because it just suddenly takes you to a different part that you aren't focused on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also dont like reading books where the characters are changing perspectives. I just want to focus on that one charecter and not alot of other people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I have read a few books where the authors use this same style. Sometimes it is irritating because you want to find out what happened in one characters life, but it switches characters in the next chapter. On the other hand, it allows the book to flow together better, and it is an interesting technique used by the author to show their style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's really interesting. I think I would be really confused and frustrated with the perspectives changing. I also think I wouldn't be able to comprehend very well because it seems like events of one individual is spread out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would also find that really frustrating to read with the characters changing perspectives

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read that series of books last year and I understand how it would be frustrating to read but, I liked the concept of focusing on different point of views for certain chapters. I think it is like reading too books at the same time that you can make connections to the other side of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also read a book that did this exact same thing. It was called, The Help, and it would change perspectives from one maid to another and then to a writer who was publishing stories that these maids were telling her. It was a great book but sometimes hard to remember everyone's individual stories.

    ReplyDelete