Sunday, April 20, 2014

Why do you think the author wrote this work

I am reading the book the House of Hades. I believe that Rick Riordan wrote this book to entertain. I think this is because this book is not to persuade you to do something. Its not telling you to go and do something after reading this book. It also does not inform the reader. It may inform you about Greek gods and the different myths. But it isn't giving you factual information about the events in the book. For example, Percy Jackson fighting Greek gods, is not factual, it isn't real. The book is to entertain you. It is to make you keep reading and make you think and make you happy or sad or feel emotions.

18 comments:

  1. I like how you used senses and your ideas and interpretation of the book using your own thoughts. This is a very good book and yes, it is very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings. How can you be absolutely sure that Percy is not real. You are assuming that this "work" is just a figment of your imagination. I disagree. Percy and companions along with the mythical creatures he battles are indeed alive in my heart and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that this book is meant to entertain and not persuade or inform. Is the book good? I started the series but never finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive seen other people reading this.. is it good? and thats what most stories are to entertain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a pretty cool book, hope you're enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds like an interesting read. How many books are in the series?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How is this series? Is it like other books by him?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have attempted reading this series previously but I didn't particularly like it. Though, you make it sound very interesting and maybe i will try again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are only somewhat right. When i read this seireis in fourth and fifth grade i learned a buttload about greek mythology. It is definantly primaryly written to entertain but it stillv tell us alot of the myths.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right, It does not inform much about anything except greek mythology, and sometimes thats ok. Its meant to be a fiction, not something that actually happened

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quinn I liked how you broke it down eliminating each one that didn't make sense and giving a reason why until you arrived at your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand where you are coming from with this conclusion. I fully agree that most of Rick Riordon's books are fiction and are written to entertain the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can understand your reasoning and how you concluded that the book was written to entertain. Even if the book is fiction though, the author did integrate some real Greek mythology into the stories. The target audience for this series probably knows very little about this mythology, so although you may not have learned much, a fourth or fifth grader could have greatly expanded their knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love this series and agree that it was meant to entertain unless you wanted a fun lesson on Greek Mythology.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I completely agree with you. All of the books in the series entertain me. I love the books by Rick Riordan that are about mythology.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have read the Percy Jackson series and they entertained me. Rick Riordan's books seem to be written with entertainment in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do agree that this book's primary purpose it to entertain. I think that incorporating Greek mythology into the book is really smart and makes it much more interesting and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have read a few of the Percy Jackson books and really liked them. It was a good idea for him to include Greek mythology. It made the book better and more entertaining.

    ReplyDelete